COOKIE NOTICE: Irwell Valley uses cookies to store information on your computer, in order to improve your experience when using our website. One of the cookies we use is essential for parts of the site to operate and has already been set. You may delete and block all cookies from this site (using your browser), but parts of the site may not work. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, Read More.



How they can help

How to contact them

Bury Community Hub

Bury Community Hub has been established by local organisations to provide support for the most vulnerable people in the area.

It can support people who do not have any other way of sourcing food and medical supplies. They are also helping vulnerable residents to access hardship grants.

Please only contact the hub if you require help accessing food or medical supplies and have no other means of doing this. 

Call them on 0161 253 5353 Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm 

Or you can request support online here

Bury Support Fund

The Bury Support Fund provides food parcels and grants to pay for gas, electricity or goods.

There are two types of payments; crisis payments if you can’t get money from anywhere else or re-settlement payments to help people resettle into the community or stay in the community rather than entering care.

Apply here or call 0161 253 7030

Council Tax Support

You can submit an application for Council Tax council tax support / reduction online which is a benefit in place to help those on low income/benefits cover their council tax bill.

Apply here or call 0161 253 5858

Bolton and Bury Citizens Advice

Bolton and Bury Citizens Advice provide free, confidential and impartial advice to residents of Bolton and Bury. You can go to them with all sorts of issues such as if you have money, benefit, housing or employment issues.

Bury citizens advice have increased their telephone advice service to help people with problems and additional ones created by the current situation. This telephone support will be available from 10am to 4pm Monday – Friday.

Call them on 0300 330 9071.

Porch Box Radcliffe and Bury Food Bank

Porch Box are open as usual but there is no access for customers to collect their own parcels. If you think you would benefit from support from the Porch Box or you are already a customer there, please get in touch with us and we can arrange collection. 

Referral from Irwell Valley Homes, please call 0300 561 1111.

Age UK Bury 

Age UK Bury are running a telephone service to residents in Bury aged 60 and over. They are offering regular calls to have a chat and answer any queries residents may have. 

This is a valuable way to help people cope with self isolation and keep updated with local issues, especially if someone doesn't have access to the internet.  


If you need this service, or would like us them to call a family member or friends, call 0161 763 9030 Monday to Friday 10.00a.m to 2 pm) or email to sign up.

Alternatively, call Jane Lees, their Befriending Coordinator on 0757 095 1979.

Bury Homeless Project 

The Bury Homeless Project are helping homeless and vulnerable people by delivering food parcels with essential items in. 

Call them on 07522 504772, email them at or visit their website here. 

Homeless Aid UK  If you are over 65 and you are self-isolating with symptoms diagnosed by a medical professional, you can request a free basic food hamper to be delivered. Call them on 07973 214603 or 07821 454855.

Find out information about your area here: