We know that the number one priority for customers is making sure your home is safe, well maintained and in good working order. So every year we invest around £15million improving customers homes.
This work is carefully planned and carried out in an organised way through our home improvement programme which includes:
- kitchen and bathroom refurbishments
- installation of boiler and heating systems
- installation of double glazed windows
- installation of front and rear doors
- fencing and gate renewal
- roof renewals
- external painting
How will you know if your home is due to be included in our home improvement programme
We will contact you before any work takes place and provide plenty of time for you to discuss the work and ask any questions.
What choices will you have?
The choices you have depend upon the type of works carried out:
- kitchens: choice of range of cabinets, door finishes, handles, tiling*, flooring and worktops
- bathrooms: choice of bathroom suites, tiling, flooring
- external door installation: choice of colour and style of composite pre finished door
* Please note that tiling is carried out to irwell valley homes specification.
Preparing for the works to start
There may be some disruption while work is being carried out at your home. We will do our best to minimise this. We ensure that the contractors we appoint:
- carry photographic ID with them at all times
- keep you fully informed about progress during the work
- be polite, respectful and courteous at all times
- use dust sheets
- do not start work before 8am or work past 6pm (unless needed) to meet customer's requirement
- do not use audio equipment while in your home
- do not smoke in your home
To help us to help you to be safe during the work and to keep disruption to a minimum there are a few things we need you to do:
- Please try to keep any appointments made with you at your home or contact us to rearrange as soon as possible but always at least 24 hours before the appointment is due
- Empty cupboards, move furniture if requested, store away anything which is fragile or is of great sentimental or financial value
- Clean and tidy any areas that the workmen will need access to before they arrive
- Keep away from the areas that the workmen are working in
- If possible, arrange for a neighbour or friend to look after your pets during the working day
- Please keep children well away from the areas that we are working in at all times. Children under the age of 18 must not be left unsupervised in your home while work is taking place
- Do not fill any skips used for the works with household rubbish
- Do not be abusive, threatening or use discriminatory language or behaviour towards our staff or contractors
After we've finished the work
A member of our team will carry out an inspection when the works are completed, unless post inspection isn't possible i.e. fixed wire testing works. At this time you will also receive a customer satisfaction form to complete. This is your opportunity to let us know how well we did.