COOKIE NOTICE: Irwell Valley uses cookies to store information on your computer, in order to improve your experience when using our website. One of the cookies we use is essential for parts of the site to operate and has already been set. You may delete and block all cookies from this site (using your browser), but parts of the site may not work. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, Read More.

rent debt

We are here to help

It is important that you pay your rent on time, but we know that it’s not always that easy. We are here to help.

If you are struggling to pay your rent please let us know as soon as possible so that we can offer the right support to help you get your account back on track. The sooner you get in touch, the easier it will be.

Please also let us know if you have any changes in your circumstances which may affect your ability to pay your rent.

When you contact us we will listen to you and offer nonjudgemental help and support. We will check if you are entitled to any extra financial help and identify any benefits you may be eligible for. We can also refer you to money specialists and debt advisors if we feel you would benefit.


What happens if you go into rent arrears

We will send you a text message and ask you to contact us to make a payment. If you are unable to pay in full, we will set up a repayment agreement. We promise to make a fair and affordable agreement with you based on how much you can afford to pay, taking into account your other outgoings.

To help us help you, please respond to any text messages or letters you receive from us and attend any appointments with us. This is really important to ensure you can stay in your home. 

If you do not repay your arrears, or keep to an agreement we can serve you with a Notice of Seeking Possession. This notice is the first step in legal proceedings to take possession of your home. If you continue to ignore our attempts to contact you, and/or fail to repay your arrears, we will make an application to the County Court for possession of the property. At a hearing, the Court Judge can make an order for possession which could result in you losing your home. 

If you have rent arrears and have received a court hearing date or eviction date, and have not already done so, it is important that you contact us to discuss your arrears and the problems you are having with paying your rent.

Contact us on 0300 561 1111 or use the form below.


Former Tenancy Arrears

If you have moved out of one of our homes and have outstanding rent arrears, it will affect your ability to get another.

To make sure you are able to access affordable housing with another provider, please contact us on 0300 561 1111 or use the form below to pay off any outstanding arrears. We can come to an affordable agreement with you based on what you can afford to pay each month. 


Contact Us

Please provide your postcode